Monday, October 17, 2005

In My Daughter's Eyes

I asked God, How is it that I will be able to commune with Mom's spirit in the most profound of ways? Then I looked in the mirror, and felt Him giving me an answer: She is within me. She IS me, and I her. And to know HER SPIRIT the most completely, I should look into my own eyes, and I will see her staring back. She always wanted me - and everyone - to know the divine LOVE of SELF. now she will talk to us all through that channel. When we love ourselves, and see the beauty in our, and others' humanity...we will feel her influence upon us opening up and taking shape...

That same day, I asked Mom for another of those "signs" that she was listening, and indeed, speaking back to me in any kind of way that I could understand. I then turned off the CD that was playing in my car, and turned ON the radio - which I hardly EVER listen to. And normally, I would've flipped the station upon tuning in, because the song that was playing was somewhat country-ish. Normally, this is NOT something I would choose to listen to. But something compelled me to stay right there with that woman's voice. It was a singer named Martina McBride - whom I had never heard of until that moment. Following are the lyrics to that song. It is called "IN MY DAUGHTER'S EYES".

* * *
In my daughter's eyes
I am a heroI am strong and wise
and I know no fearBut the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue meI see who I wanna beIn my daughter's eyes
In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes
And when she wraps her handaround my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearerI realize what life is all about
It's hangin' on when your heart has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daugter's eyes
In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

By Martina McBride

No comments: